My grandmother (GeGe) and I have a unique relationship. Living next door to her all my life has truly allowed she and I to become incredibly close. Basically, each other’s best friend. After all, when my mom and dad told me no, GeGe was always there to say, “yes”! She’s the BEST!
Making memories with her is my top priority, especially during the holidays. We have so many traditions we uphold together during Christmas time. Some are; decorating her tree, putting out her Christmas village, setting up her collection of nutcrackers and now we enjoy making eggnog together!
We made homemade eggnog for the first time two years ago. We thoroughly enjoyed it (especially with a little Jack D). This year when we made it again, I was able to document the process for you guys! The recipe is so easy and something you can do with your family.
After all, the holidays are meant to make memories with family.
– 1 Quart of Milk
– 4 Eggs
-Jack Daniels Whiskey
-6 TBSP Sugar
- First, heat up milk on stove (medium heat).
- Next, separate egg yolks from egg whites in two separate bowls.
- Then, cream sugar and egg yolks together in a small bowl.
- Afterwards, mix in creamed egg/sugar with milk on the stove (stirring in slowly).
- Next, whip egg whites with a hand mixer in medium bowl until fluffy.
- Add in egg whites to milk/egg mixture on stove, sprinkle of nutmeg and desired amount of whiskey.
- Serve in a glass mug and enjoy!Super easy recipe to do in no time!
Y’all, isn’t my grandmother so cute? She claims to not like her picture taken, but she’s insanely good at it!
I promise (I) didn’t put too much whiskey
….GeGe May have added more than me!
Leave a comment on this post of a tradition you have with your family!
Joyous and happy holidays to you and your family from my family to yours!💋✌🏼