This soup is so delicious it makes me ask myself, “what were you thinking all these years using ingredients filled with preservatives and sugar.”
I merged a few recipes together and swapped out some ingredients to make one of my favorite things- vegetable soup.
Sharing the recipe with you guys who may be changing over to a whole 30 approved lifestyle- or those of you who may be wanting a lite yet flavorful soup to enjoy in the cooler weather.
- 1 chopped onion
- Chicken breasts
- 4 cups water
- Avocado oil (or extra virgin lite olive oil)
- 1 TBSP Basil leaves
- 1 TBSP Parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Heat stove to medium heat. In medium/large pot, add oil and onion .
- Begin by browning the onion, then adding in the chicken breasts. Until chicken is cooked.
- Add in carrots and cabbage and cook until carrots are soft.
- Add in basil, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper and stir in for 5 minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn stove down to simmer and allow soup to simmer for 20 minutes.